independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 22nd Nov 2017 11:24pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Even More Star Trek stuff
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 09/07/17 3:10pm

morningsong

avatar



Did that work?



“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 09/07/17 3:34pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:



Did that work?



Think I need a visor

Image result for star trek laforge

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 09/07/17 5:52pm

morningsong

avatar

shrug Both pictures show up crystal clear for me.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 09/10/17 9:25pm

morningsong

avatar

The Orville, well it came on and I watched. It has lotsa room for improvement. I have hope.
“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 09/11/17 11:15am

morningsong

avatar

Where Were The TOS Crew During The Events of ‘Star Trek: Discovery’?


James T. Kirk

Age in 2256: 23 years old (Born on March 22nd, 2233)

Location: In Starfleet Academy, serving as Lieutenant probably aboard the USS Republic NCC-1371

Spock

Age in 2256: 26 years old (Born on January 6, 2230)
Location: Serving as science officer aboard the Enterprise NCC-1701 under Captain Christopher Pike

Leonard “Bones” McCoy

Age in 2256: 29 years old (Born 2227)
Location: Practicing medicine, possibly in Starfleet

Montgomery “Scotty” Scott

Age in 2256: 34 years old (Born 2222)
Location: Serving in Starfleet as an engineer, deployment unknown


Nyota Uhura

Age in 2256: Unknown, possibly 17 years old
Location: Unknown, possibly Earth


Pavel Chekov

Age in 2256: 11 years old (Born 2245)
Location: Unknown, probably Russia


Hikaru Sulu

Age in 2256: Unknown, approximately 15-25 years old
Location: Unknown


Christine Chapel

Age in 2256: Unknown, approximately 20-30 years old
Location: Unknown, not in Starfleet




https://trekmovie.com/2017/09/08/where-were-the-tos-crew-during-the-events-of-star-trek-discovery/


“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 09/11/17 12:04pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

Where Were The TOS Crew During The Events of ‘Star Trek: Discovery’?


James T. Kirk

Age in 2256: 23 years old (Born on March 22nd, 2233)

Location: In Starfleet Academy, serving as Lieutenant probably aboard the USS Republic NCC-1371

Spock

Age in 2256: 26 years old (Born on January 6, 2230)
Location: Serving as science officer aboard the Enterprise NCC-1701 under Captain Christopher Pike

Leonard “Bones” McCoy

Age in 2256: 29 years old (Born 2227)
Location: Practicing medicine, possibly in Starfleet

Montgomery “Scotty” Scott

Age in 2256: 34 years old (Born 2222)
Location: Serving in Starfleet as an engineer, deployment unknown


Nyota Uhura

Age in 2256: Unknown, possibly 17 years old
Location: Unknown, possibly Earth


Pavel Chekov

Age in 2256: 11 years old (Born 2245)
Location: Unknown, probably Russia


Hikaru Sulu

Age in 2256: Unknown, approximately 15-25 years old
Location: Unknown


Christine Chapel

Age in 2256: Unknown, approximately 20-30 years old
Location: Unknown, not in Starfleet




https://trekmovie.com/2017/09/08/where-were-the-tos-crew-during-the-events-of-star-trek-discovery/


What about Enterprise the Enterprise crew? Besides Trip.

https://img.cinemablend.com/filter:scale/quill/e/6/5/6/f/c/e656fc765efc40725e719b1c66a84c1f58653c13.jpg?mw=600

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 09/11/17 1:29pm

morningsong

avatar

kpowers said:

morningsong said:

Where Were The TOS Crew During The Events of ‘Star Trek: Discovery’?


James T. Kirk

Age in 2256: 23 years old (Born on March 22nd, 2233)

Location: In Starfleet Academy, serving as Lieutenant probably aboard the USS Republic NCC-1371

Spock

Age in 2256: 26 years old (Born on January 6, 2230)
Location: Serving as science officer aboard the Enterprise NCC-1701 under Captain Christopher Pike

Leonard “Bones” McCoy

Age in 2256: 29 years old (Born 2227)
Location: Practicing medicine, possibly in Starfleet

Montgomery “Scotty” Scott

Age in 2256: 34 years old (Born 2222)
Location: Serving in Starfleet as an engineer, deployment unknown


Nyota Uhura

Age in 2256: Unknown, possibly 17 years old
Location: Unknown, possibly Earth


Pavel Chekov

Age in 2256: 11 years old (Born 2245)
Location: Unknown, probably Russia


Hikaru Sulu

Age in 2256: Unknown, approximately 15-25 years old
Location: Unknown


Christine Chapel

Age in 2256: Unknown, approximately 20-30 years old
Location: Unknown, not in Starfleet




https://trekmovie.com/2017/09/08/where-were-the-tos-crew-during-the-events-of-star-trek-discovery/


What about Enterprise the Enterprise crew? Besides Trip.

https://img.cinemablend.com/filter:scale/quill/e/6/5/6/f/c/e656fc765efc40725e719b1c66a84c1f58653c13.jpg?mw=600



Aren't they like 100 years before TOS, which would make them 90 years before DSC?

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 09/11/17 2:34pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

kpowers said:

What about Enterprise the Enterprise crew? Besides Trip.

e656fc765efc40725e719b1c66a84c1f58653c13.jpg?mw=600



Aren't they like 100 years before TOS, which would make them 90 years before DSC?

I think like 80 something years, but doesn't mean they are all dead yet.

Farpoint15.jpgtng35dataspock.jpgPicture-177.png

[Edited 9/11/17 14:35pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 09/11/17 2:59pm

morningsong

avatar

kpowers said:

morningsong said:



Aren't they like 100 years before TOS, which would make them 90 years before DSC?

I think like 80 something years, but doesn't mean they are all dead yet.

Farpoint15.jpgtng35dataspock.jpgPicture-177.png

[Edited 9/11/17 14:35pm]


They all may not be dead but they'd be really old adding 70 years, even T'Pol though she wouldn't be 200 yet, she'd be getting close to that corner. I wonder who the Trip actor ticked off? No solidified crew member has ever been killed off in any of the series with the exception of Jadzia. Tasha was killed of within the 1st season before the character was seen as a central character. Does he even do any conventions?

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 09/11/17 4:41pm

morningsong

avatar

morningsong said:

The Orville, well it came on and I watched. It has lotsa room for improvement. I have hope.



I really have to watch this episode again, my attention was divded in several directions and I went in already hearing disappointing things. But I failed to give an honorable mention of a Star Trek alumni as part of the main crew, the actress Penny "Kasidy Yates" Johnson.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 09/11/17 5:50pm

Hudson

avatar

Reception from the public seems to be considerably more positive than from the critics. Unfortunately because of Hurricane Irma the ratings from last night's broadcast are delayed indefinitely.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 09/12/17 2:21pm

morningsong

avatar

DSC main theme touched

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 09/12/17 3:28pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

kpowers said:

I think like 80 something years, but doesn't mean they are all dead yet.

Farpoint15.jpgtng35dataspock.jpgPicture-177.png

[Edited 9/11/17 14:35pm]


They all may not be dead but they'd be really old adding 70 years, even T'Pol though she wouldn't be 200 yet, she'd be getting close to that corner. I wonder who the Trip actor ticked off? No solidified crew member has ever been killed off in any of the series with the exception of Jadzia. Tasha was killed of within the 1st season before the character was seen as a central character. Does he even do any conventions?

Trip I do believe will be on that Star Trek Boat cruise. Well killing off Trip, here is my take on it. Since this is like 180 years before Star Voyager (current time line would be like 10 years after Voyager) they can show the death of a character. Don't think they would end a series in the current time line with killig off a character because they may want to do movies. Plus killing off characters from TV series was getting popular in the early 2000's. Lost started that trend. Other shows got a large cast so they could also kill of a character, heck even the Simpsons killed off 2 characters. Hey don't forget Data got destroyed in the last movie.

gallery-1487781926-star-trek-cruise-actors.jpg

[Edited 9/12/17 15:30pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 09/12/17 3:43pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

kpowers said:

I think like 80 something years, but doesn't mean they are all dead yet.

Farpoint15.jpgtng35dataspock.jpgPicture-177.png

[Edited 9/11/17 14:35pm]


They all may not be dead but they'd be really old adding 70 years, even T'Pol though she wouldn't be 200 yet, she'd be getting close to that corner. I wonder who the Trip actor ticked off? No solidified crew member has ever been killed off in any of the series with the exception of Jadzia. Tasha was killed of within the 1st season before the character was seen as a central character. Does he even do any conventions?

Picture-108.png

Even though he was a secondary character I HATED that Voyager killed off LT. Carey. He wasn't even on the show for the last few seasons. It's Voyagers last season so hey let's bring back LT. Carey so we can kill him off. Not cool. It's not like he's a red shirt.

[Edited 9/12/17 15:44pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 09/12/17 4:56pm

morningsong

avatar

kpowers said:

morningsong said:


They all may not be dead but they'd be really old adding 70 years, even T'Pol though she wouldn't be 200 yet, she'd be getting close to that corner. I wonder who the Trip actor ticked off? No solidified crew member has ever been killed off in any of the series with the exception of Jadzia. Tasha was killed of within the 1st season before the character was seen as a central character. Does he even do any conventions?

Trip I do believe will be on that Star Trek Boat cruise. Well killing off Trip, here is my take on it. Since this is like 180 years before Star Voyager (current time line would be like 10 years after Voyager) they can show the death of a character. Don't think they would end a series in the current time line with killig off a character because they may want to do movies. Plus killing off characters from TV series was getting popular in the early 2000's. Lost started that trend. Other shows got a large cast so they could also kill of a character, heck even the Simpsons killed off 2 characters. Hey don't forget Data got destroyed in the last movie.

gallery-1487781926-star-trek-cruise-actors.jpg

[Edited 9/12/17 15:30pm]



Star Trek sets trends, should never follow them. Data, was resurrected in a way. Main characters got killed all the time, Spock, but then they'd always come back, except for Trip (ok yeah they killed him off once then brought him back, then killed him permanently a second time), that was cold. I see they knew there was no movie in the cards, but they sure cut off at the knees the character living on in the canon books to follow.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #75 posted 09/12/17 4:57pm

morningsong

avatar

kpowers said:

morningsong said:


They all may not be dead but they'd be really old adding 70 years, even T'Pol though she wouldn't be 200 yet, she'd be getting close to that corner. I wonder who the Trip actor ticked off? No solidified crew member has ever been killed off in any of the series with the exception of Jadzia. Tasha was killed of within the 1st season before the character was seen as a central character. Does he even do any conventions?

Picture-108.png

Even though he was a secondary character I HATED that Voyager killed off LT. Carey. He wasn't even on the show for the last few seasons. It's Voyagers last season so hey let's bring back LT. Carey so we can kill him off. Not cool. It's not like he's a red shirt.

[Edited 9/12/17 15:44pm]



I don't even remember him. I'm upset they killed of their double selves, in Voyager.


“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #76 posted 09/12/17 5:14pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

kpowers said:

Picture-108.png

Even though he was a secondary character I HATED that Voyager killed off LT. Carey. He wasn't even on the show for the last few seasons. It's Voyagers last season so hey let's bring back LT. Carey so we can kill him off. Not cool. It's not like he's a red shirt.

[Edited 9/12/17 15:44pm]



I don't even remember him. I'm upset they killed of their double selves, in Voyager.


Really? Need to pop in those Voyagers DVD's again. Lost the job of chief engineer to Torres, even though she broke his nose

180?cb=20110809101520&path-prefix=en320x240.jpg320x240.jpgaf0898298d0cb49f51c5789d338a2d0a--star-trek-voyager-lieutenant.jpgPrime_Factors_215.jpgs-l500.jpg

did guest appearance on TNG but don't think he was LT. Carey

180?cb=20120822005724&path-prefix=en

[Edited 9/12/17 17:18pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #77 posted 09/12/17 5:20pm

morningsong

avatar

kpowers said:

morningsong said:



I don't even remember him. I'm upset they killed of their double selves, in Voyager.


Really? Need to pop in those Voyagers DVD's again. Lost the job of chief engineer to Torres, even though she broke his nose

180?cb=20110809101520&path-prefix=en320x240.jpg320x240.jpgaf0898298d0cb49f51c5789d338a2d0a--star-trek-voyager-lieutenant.jpgPrime_Factors_215.jpgs-l500.jpg

did guest appearance on TNG but don't think he was LT. Carey

180?cb=20120822005724&path-prefix=en

[Edited 9/12/17 17:18pm]




I guess I do need to revisit because it's not ringing nar bell.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #78 posted 09/12/17 5:25pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

kpowers said:

Trip I do believe will be on that Star Trek Boat cruise. Well killing off Trip, here is my take on it. Since this is like 180 years before Star Voyager (current time line would be like 10 years after Voyager) they can show the death of a character. Don't think they would end a series in the current time line with killig off a character because they may want to do movies. Plus killing off characters from TV series was getting popular in the early 2000's. Lost started that trend. Other shows got a large cast so they could also kill of a character, heck even the Simpsons killed off 2 characters. Hey don't forget Data got destroyed in the last movie.

gallery-1487781926-star-trek-cruise-actors.jpg

[Edited 9/12/17 15:30pm]



Star Trek sets trends, should never follow them. Data, was resurrected in a way. Main characters got killed all the time, Spock, but then they'd always come back, except for Trip (ok yeah they killed him off once then brought him back, then killed him permanently a second time), that was cold. I see they knew there was no movie in the cards, but they sure cut off at the knees the character living on in the canon books to follow.

agreed. Who knows they could have even did some kind of animated series and had the actors do the voices. Sucks, no Trip or Jadiza Dax

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YWkQ_GGXUe0/Tk1o6hwBxOI/AAAAAAAAKWs/nm4jXnkoZCA/s1600/Voyager.jpgImage result for star trek comic ds9Image result for star trek comic tngRelated image

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #79 posted 09/12/17 6:15pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

kpowers said:

Really? Need to pop in those Voyagers DVD's again. Lost the job of chief engineer to Torres, even though she broke his nose

180?cb=20110809101520&path-prefix=en320x240.jpg320x240.jpgaf0898298d0cb49f51c5789d338a2d0a--star-trek-voyager-lieutenant.jpgPrime_Factors_215.jpgs-l500.jpg

did guest appearance on TNG but don't think he was LT. Carey

180?cb=20120822005724&path-prefix=en

[Edited 9/12/17 17:18pm]




I guess I do need to revisit because it's not ringing nar bell.

According to IMDB he was in 7 episodes, seems like more. He was shown more in the first few seasons. Was MIA for a few seasons, then brought back just to be killed off at the end of season 7

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #80 posted 09/12/17 7:17pm

morningsong

avatar

Star Trek: Discovery - This Time-Lapse Video Reveals How Star Trek: Discovery's U.S.S. Shenzhou Was Created



(since some people can't see my pictures)


http://www.cbs.com/shows/...s-created/

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #81 posted 09/13/17 12:01pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

Star Trek: Discovery - This Time-Lapse Video Reveals How Star Trek: Discovery's U.S.S. Shenzhou Was Created



(since some people can't see my pictures)


http://www.cbs.com/shows/...s-created/

Image result for stevie wonderImage result for ben affleck best batmanImage result for velma loses her glasses gif

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #82 posted 09/13/17 12:05pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

The Orville, well it came on and I watched. It has lotsa room for improvement. I have hope.

Just watched it. Special effects I thought were real good. Was funny. I think the ex-wife thing drags the fun out of it. My favorite part was when the pilot asked if they still can drink soda on the bridge falloff

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #83 posted 09/13/17 12:07pm

morningsong

avatar

Rewatched Orville. I like it The graphics are awesome, feels like you could walk out your front door right into that world. I like they did a homage to Galaxy Quest throughout the episode. The only downside, I see is that it really is geared towards ST fans, which means the GP may not take to it at all.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #84 posted 09/13/17 12:09pm

kpowers

avatar

Lt. Carey kinda reminds me of O'brien

Image result for star trek lt. carey and obrienImage result for star trek lt. carey and obrien

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #85 posted 09/13/17 1:01pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

Rewatched Orville. I like it The graphics are awesome, feels like you could walk out your front door right into that world. I like they did a homage to Galaxy Quest throughout the episode. The only downside, I see is that it really is geared towards ST fans, which means the GP may not take to it at all.

I'm ok with that

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #86 posted 09/13/17 1:27pm

morningsong

avatar

kpowers said:

morningsong said:

Rewatched Orville. I like it The graphics are awesome, feels like you could walk out your front door right into that world. I like they did a homage to Galaxy Quest throughout the episode. The only downside, I see is that it really is geared towards ST fans, which means the GP may not take to it at all.

I'm ok with that



Needs more viewers to keep it on the air. Of course, with all the backing behind it, it criteria for longevity is a bit different.


“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #87 posted 09/13/17 1:31pm

morningsong

avatar

kpowers said:

Lt. Carey kinda reminds me of O'brien

Image result for star trek lt. carey and obrienImage result for star trek lt. carey and obrien




Well O'Brien isn't Starfleet, he's a working man. I'm serious that guy isn't ringing one bell yet. Eventually I'll look him up, but he must of not made a big impression on the show. Heck I remember the Bajoran recruit who was killed off much better.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #88 posted 09/13/17 5:42pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

kpowers said:

Lt. Carey kinda reminds me of O'brien

Image result for star trek lt. carey and obrienImage result for star trek lt. carey and obrien




Well O'Brien isn't Starfleet, he's a working man. I'm serious that guy isn't ringing one bell yet. Eventually I'll look him up, but he must of not made a big impression on the show. Heck I remember the Bajoran recruit who was killed off much better.

Well he must of for them to make an action figure of him. He wasn't on the last few years because he was doing alot of other TV shows.

Image result for lt. carey voyager action figurehttps://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mZLv30F1TOsa_QvW-OgPVaA.jpg

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #89 posted 09/13/17 5:43pm

kpowers

avatar

Do you remember her?

Image result for genevieve bujold star trek

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Even More Star Trek stuff