independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 20th Oct 2017 12:42pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi - Official Teaser
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/14/17 9:30am

TrivialPursuit

Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi - Official Teaser

"Despite everything, no 1 can dictate who u r 2 other people." - Prince |
http://bit.ly/unboxingprince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/14/17 9:37am

DaveT

avatar

Hoping Carrie filmed some scenes for this so the can give her a proper send off.
www.filmsfilmsfilms.co.uk - The internet's best movie site!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/14/17 10:41am

lrn36

avatar

I wasn't a fan of Force Awakens at all. But I'm intrigued by this teaser. It feels like Lucas' Star Wars. Even the shots of the space battles feel more like the originals. FA was trying too go much for realism and it just didn't feel right. Maybe Rian Johnson ironed out all the annoying and inconsistent aspect that JJ Abrams set up in the first movie.

Oh, just saw this commerical. This guy would have been perfect for the Han Solo movie instead of the guy that cast.

[Edited 4/14/17 10:46am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/14/17 10:47am

namepeace

A wonderful trailer that clearly telegraphs a darker tone. I wonder what other Force wielders will show up? Yoda? Kenobi? Qui-Gon?

Good night, sweet Prince | 7 June 1958 - 21 April 2016

Props will be withheld until the showing and proving has commenced. -- Aaron McGruder
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/14/17 11:09am

TrivialPursuit

DaveT said:

Hoping Carrie filmed some scenes for this so the can give her a proper send off.


The news was that she had filmed all her scenes before she died. Her brother says she'll be in IX as well, but to what extent, I don't know.

Carrie Fisher had completed her work on Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi before her unexpected death in late December. Shortly after her passing, Lucasfilm confirmed that they had “no plans to digitally recreate Carrie Fisher’s performance as Princess or General Leia Organa” in Episode IX. Now Fisher’s brother, Todd Fisher, confirmed that his sister’s character will appear in the last trilogy film.

Todd told the New York Daily News that he, along with Carrie’s daughter, Billie Lourd, gave Disney permission to use recent footage for the finale, and it is understood that no CGI would be used to recreate Leia.

"Despite everything, no 1 can dictate who u r 2 other people." - Prince |
http://bit.ly/unboxingprince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/14/17 8:55pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

Thanks for the trailer and I want this poster nod

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/14/17 10:12pm

TrivialPursuit

Edit: Kathleen Kennedy has squelched Todd Fisher's claim that Carrie will be in IX. She will be in VIII, we already knew that. But K.K. said she will not be in IX.

"Despite everything, no 1 can dictate who u r 2 other people." - Prince |
http://bit.ly/unboxingprince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/15/17 2:30am

Hudson

avatar

Oh my god, why couldn't this have stayed on schedule, we'd have it next month. I'm so desperate to see this and I'm unspoiled this time.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/15/17 9:47am

namepeace

Hudson said:

Oh my god, why couldn't this have stayed on schedule, we'd have it next month. I'm so desperate to see this and I'm unspoiled this time.


Actually, the timing coincidentally gave them enough time to address any edits needed in the wake of Carrie Fisher's death.

Plus, I kind of like the fact that Lucasfilm is making Star Wars releases a Christmas tradition.

Good night, sweet Prince | 7 June 1958 - 21 April 2016

Props will be withheld until the showing and proving has commenced. -- Aaron McGruder
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/15/17 3:29pm

Adisa

avatar

Meh. Not feeling this trailer at all.

I'm sick and tired of the Prince fans being sick and tired of the Prince fans that are sick and tired!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 04/15/17 3:56pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

my appetite is gone for star wars it seems. I watched the trailer a few times to see if it would spark something. The trailer doesn't really reveal anything. I will definately see it (on video) just because it is star wars. I just still having a problem with Luke being so defeated in this 'star wars universe' and Leia not having become a Jedi.

[Edited 4/15/17 15:56pm]

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 04/16/17 11:54pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

I was excited to watch the trailer, then felt let down lol
Theres not a lot to it, but i guess thats why its a teaser. shrug
At least with the force awakens teaser had more excitement to it

We'll just have to wait for the real trailer to be released
Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 04/17/17 2:47am

Chancellor

avatar

The Teaser gives me a New Hope....

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 04/17/17 3:56am

EmmaMcG

OldFriends4Sale said:



my appetite is gone for star wars it seems. I watched the trailer a few times to see if it would spark something. The trailer doesn't really reveal anything. I will definately see it (on video) just because it is star wars. I just still having a problem with Luke being so defeated in this 'star wars universe' and Leia not having become a Jedi.

[Edited 4/15/17 15:56pm]



I'm glad that the trailer doesn't reveal much. That's what I like about it. I hate the way a lot of modern trailers reveal plot twists months before the movie is out. The Batman vs Superman trailer spoiled the reveal of Doomsday and the most recent Spider-Man Homecoming trailer basically gives away the entire plot. It's refreshing to see a trailer that leaves things to the imagination.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 04/17/17 11:22am

Dasein

excited

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 04/17/17 2:08pm

Dasein

If Rian Johnson has any balls, . . .

. . . Luke Skywalker eats it in this one. And the film which depicts Luke Skywalker's death in a
light saber battle is automatically the greatest movie of all time.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 04/18/17 6:24pm

namepeace

Dasein said:

If Rian Johnson has any balls, . . .

. . . Luke Skywalker eats it in this one. And the film which depicts Luke Skywalker's death in a
light saber battle is automatically the greatest movie of all time.


Looper gives me hope for an entertaining, hefty, quality film. Luke may go out in glory against the Knights of Ren, much like his mentor did against his father.

Good night, sweet Prince | 7 June 1958 - 21 April 2016

Props will be withheld until the showing and proving has commenced. -- Aaron McGruder
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 04/18/17 7:50pm

kewlschool

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

DaveT said:

Hoping Carrie filmed some scenes for this so the can give her a proper send off.


The news was that she had filmed all her scenes before she died. Her brother says she'll be in IX as well, but to what extent, I don't know.

Carrie Fisher had completed her work on Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi before her unexpected death in late December. Shortly after her passing, Lucasfilm confirmed that they had “no plans to digitally recreate Carrie Fisher’s performance as Princess or General Leia Organa” in Episode IX. Now Fisher’s brother, Todd Fisher, confirmed that his sister’s character will appear in the last trilogy film.

Todd told the New York Daily News that he, along with Carrie’s daughter, Billie Lourd, gave Disney permission to use recent footage for the finale, and it is understood that no CGI would be used to recreate Leia.

Disney said that she will not be in the third(9th) installment. That was officially announced this week. Google it. They may change their mind.

99.9% of everything I say is strictly for my own entertainment
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 04/18/17 9:05pm

Hudson

avatar

They probably don't have any footage of her worth putting in Episode IX, that sucks but if that's the case they made the right decision.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 04/19/17 3:53am

Chancellor

avatar

The Legendary Billy Dee Williams has been doing all The Star Wars conventions..Lando better get an invitation to Han's funeral...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 04/19/17 1:26pm

ColAngus

avatar

I was pondering this the other night ....

You always expect some "surprise" with star wars ... like when HAN gets killed ...

or Luke finds out Darth Vader is his dad etc ....

I was thinking ... what if "the force awakens" was in reference to Carrie Fishers

charactor ....

its already been hinted that she has a bigger role and she has Jedi abilities ...

Colonel Angus may be smelly. colonel angus may be a little rough . but deep down ... Colonel angus is very sweet.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 04/19/17 3:22pm

uPtoWnNY

ColAngus said:

I was pondering this the other night ....

You always expect some "surprise" with star wars ... like when HAN gets killed ...

or Luke finds out Darth Vader is his dad etc ....

I was thinking ... what if "the force awakens" was in reference to Carrie Fishers

charactor ....

its already been hinted that she has a bigger role and she has Jedi abilities ...

Like her brother, Leia's Force-sensitive, but was never trained as a Jedi.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 04/20/17 11:08am

namepeace

ColAngus said:

I was pondering this the other night ....

You always expect some "surprise" with star wars ... like when HAN gets killed ...

or Luke finds out Darth Vader is his dad etc ....

I was thinking ... what if "the force awakens" was in reference to Carrie Fishers

charactor ....

its already been hinted that she has a bigger role and she has Jedi abilities ...

In hindsight, Han's death in the final trilogy parallels the first two. Han went over that bridge, separated from his companions, and I knew he was gone, because Ford wanted Solo to die in Jedi. Plus, that's how Kenobi died in IV and Qui-Gon died in I.
But it's the first actual patricide of the franchise, isn't it?

The even greater shock came earlier in the movie, when Snoke revealed Ren's parents, but even that was lifted from the EU.

But BOTH were still shocking to see at the time.

You're right . . . we are almost cringing with excitement over the next emotional haymaker Rian Johnson has planned for us. And I am confident he and the cast will execute it superbly.

[Edited 4/20/17 11:10am]

Good night, sweet Prince | 7 June 1958 - 21 April 2016

Props will be withheld until the showing and proving has commenced. -- Aaron McGruder
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi - Official Teaser