independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 22nd May 2017 2:22pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Embarrassing Moments
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 01/24/17 6:51pm

PurpleJedi

avatar

Embarrassing Moments

What's an embarrassing moment that you've recently suffered?
question

I just had one;

Went out for drinks with friends. Just as I placed my dinner order, I got a "low funds alert" notice on my phone from the bank. I logged on thinking that something was wrong...but turns out that I had miscalculated the payment date on my car insurance so now I have $7 in my account.

The look on my face must've said it all because they were like "What's wrong? Did something happen?" So I had to explain what happened and asked them to spot me.

disbelief

How utterly embarrassing.


What about YOU?

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/24/17 7:03pm

kepurplehunter

Well my embarrassment was a month ago at a soul fest concert and my skirt got caught and snagged on a very small of hook i was with some girlfriends we were laughing at joke was told and i didn't kno my skirt was gone I'm glad i had on underwear lol where so i wrapped up with a scarf and continue with my fun yep
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 01/24/17 8:00pm

KingBAD

PurpleJedi said:

What's an embarrassing moment that you've recently suffered?
question

I just had one;

Went out for drinks with friends. Just as I placed my dinner order, I got a "low funds alert" notice on my phone from the bank. I logged on thinking that something was wrong...but turns out that I had miscalculated the payment date on my car insurance so now I have $7 in my account.

The look on my face must've said it all because they were like "What's wrong? Did something happen?" So I had to explain what happened and asked them to spot me.

disbelief

How utterly embarrassing.


What about YOU?

you left the part out where you pooped yoself.... why???

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

i am KING BAD!!!
you are NOT...
evilking
"KingBAD, well you are just a troll" (an emotional fan)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 01/25/17 1:45am

QueenofCardboa
rd

avatar

PurpleJedi said:

What's an embarrassing moment that you've recently suffered?
question

My life has been one big long train of mortifying events.

I am beyond caring at this point. biggrin


.

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters," Donald Trump
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 01/25/17 2:11am

Chancellor

avatar

PurpleJedi said:

What's an embarrassing moment that you've recently suffered?
question

I just had one;

Went out for drinks with friends. Just as I placed my dinner order, I got a "low funds alert" notice on my phone from the bank. I logged on thinking that something was wrong...but turns out that I had miscalculated the payment date on my car insurance so now I have $7 in my account.

The look on my face must've said it all because they were like "What's wrong? Did something happen?" So I had to explain what happened and asked them to spot me.

disbelief

How utterly embarrassing.


What about YOU?

If your bank offers Debit Card overdraft protection you should sign up for it....It's similar to the standard Checking account overdraft protection.....If you don't have the funds for Debit card purchases like drinks, dinner, utilities, whatever, the Bank will approve the Debit card purchase providing you have not reached the Maximum allowed overdraft limit....There's a $20 - $35 fee..It should not be abused but it's a life saver if you're in a situation where you need emeregency money, especially if there's no one that can loan you cash.....

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 01/25/17 4:58am

ThisOne

I just moved into my new home - I stripped off to get into the shower and realised that wasn't a towel in the bathroom so I ran down stairs and grabbed one!!!

1/2 an hour later my neighbour is at the door - she made me some scones and as soon as she gave them to me she asked if I was getting curtains and blinds lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 01/25/17 4:02pm

XxAxX

avatar

^ lol lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 01/26/17 12:25am

JoeyC

avatar

I pretty much haven't had any recent embarrassing moments but i got a bunch from the past, from when i was a heavy partier...Like the time that i woke up in a park, in San Francisco, with my pants down to my knees(it's not what some of y'all might think wink ). Or the time that i ended up in SF General Hospital, strapped to a gurney, while wearing some bright ass yellow socks (and just one shoe). And having a bunch of people staring at me. eek



As y'all can see, i gave no fuks. wink



I'll comment further, later...




[Edited 1/26/17 3:20am]

Rest in Peace Bettie Boo. See u soon.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 01/26/17 6:54am

RodeoSchro

avatar

I once gave a talk to a large group of people, most of whom were cattlemen. I, obviously, am not.

I opened with a joke about some bulls that were going to have to share their herd of cows with a new bull who shows up. I'll post it in a joke thread but the point of the joke was how the current bulls were going to prove to the new bull what great love-making studs they were.

For some reason though, I changed all references to "bull" and said "steer" instead. So the joke was about how horny and proficient at cow-love-making this group of steers was.

After I finished my speech, one guy said, "I guess you didn't know that a steer is a castrated bull".

No, I did NOT! But I do now!

Second Funkiest White Man in America

Cowardice always hides behind insinuation
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 01/26/17 7:40am

TD3

avatar

PJ knows this story already... lol

I was nervous very nervous about meeting my future in-laws... since everyone was drinking tequila I decided (stupid me) to match my husband's family shot for shot. I remember little but I was told, I ended up on my hands and knees chasing a bull terrier puppy( named Che) around my in-laws living room.

I was twenty, its important you know this... lol

I was dating a man and he worked in steel mill. We'll anyway it wasn't uncommon for the mills to call you in on a moment notice in those days. Me and this guy were suppose to be going to night club to see some band. He calls me 20 minutes before he was to pick me up.... to say he had to go to work. For some crazy-ass reasons, I didn't believe him. I got in my car went to his house (saw his car in the drive) and banged on his door. An elderly white man answered the door the door. I realize I was 3 blocks off and the black Old's I thought I saw, was this old man's black Chrysler.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 01/26/17 12:11pm

kewlschool

avatar

PurpleJedi said:

What's an embarrassing moment that you've recently suffered?
question

I just had one;

Went out for drinks with friends. Just as I placed my dinner order, I got a "low funds alert" notice on my phone from the bank. I logged on thinking that something was wrong...but turns out that I had miscalculated the payment date on my car insurance so now I have $7 in my account.

The look on my face must've said it all because they were like "What's wrong? Did something happen?" So I had to explain what happened and asked them to spot me.

disbelief

How utterly embarrassing.


What about YOU?

Just a thought Ren, perhaps use your credit card?

99.9% of everything I say is strictly for my own entertainment
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 01/26/17 12:17pm

kewlschool

avatar

The only one that stands out as truly embarrassing was at my first job I smacked my boss in the junk.

I didn't know he was behind me and I turned real quick around and my hand smacked his junk. We were both embarrassed beyond belief. I don't think we talked to each other for the rest of the day.

99.9% of everything I say is strictly for my own entertainment
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 01/26/17 2:01pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

I'm not sure if this should embarrass me or not, but I just got a call from a cousin, informing me that my nephew and his wife had their first child. He told me the name.

I got the first name, and I got the last name, but I had to ask him to repeat the middle name.

Danger.

The kid's middle name is actually "Danger".

At least his first name wasn't Carlos.

That poor kid is in for a lifetime of "Danger is my middle name!" jokes.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

Cowardice always hides behind insinuation
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 01/26/17 2:32pm

babynoz

avatar

kewlschool said:

PurpleJedi said:

What's an embarrassing moment that you've recently suffered?
question

I just had one;

Went out for drinks with friends. Just as I placed my dinner order, I got a "low funds alert" notice on my phone from the bank. I logged on thinking that something was wrong...but turns out that I had miscalculated the payment date on my car insurance so now I have $7 in my account.

The look on my face must've said it all because they were like "What's wrong? Did something happen?" So I had to explain what happened and asked them to spot me.

disbelief

How utterly embarrassing.


What about YOU?

Just a thought Ren, perhaps use your credit card?




lol

When I hang out with friends I bring the credit and debit card, plus at least $25 cash because you never know.



Ok, here's mine.

Back in the olden days in my twenties, I was part of a local modern dance group. We were rehearsing for a talent show and I'd missed the last two rehearsals, thinking I had the routine down.

FF to the day of the show and our teacher let me go onstage because two girls didn't show up. Unbeknownst to me, she'd added another part to the routine that I hadn't learned. I didn't realize until we were onstage in the middle of the dance that I had no clue how the routine ended.

At that point I just walked off the stage and was never heard from again. lol

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit
and for that, I am eternally grateful....IDF
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 01/26/17 3:41pm

EmmaMcG

RodeoSchro said:

I'm not sure if this should embarrass me or not, but I just got a call from a cousin, informing me that my nephew and his wife had their first child. He told me the name.

I got the first name, and I got the last name, but I had to ask him to repeat the middle name.

Danger.

The kid's middle name is actually "Danger".

At least his first name wasn't Carlos.

That poor kid is in for a lifetime of "Danger is my middle name!" jokes.



If his last name is Field and his first name is Rodney, then he might get away with it. He won't get much respect though.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 01/26/17 4:04pm

EmmaMcG

Most embarrassing moment for me in recent times would have to be last year in school.

Bit of background first. As some of you may or may not know, I worked as an actress and singer when I left school. Since having my daughter 4 years ago, I don't do much acting anymore because it's too time consuming and I'd rather be home with my child and luckily, I can afford to do so. But last year, my former secondary school (high school, I suppose, if you're American) drama teacher asked if I'd help her out and teach her class with her to share my experience. It's like 3 days a week so I thought, why not. Now, keep in mind these kids are around 15 years old and I'm 26 so there's a bit of an age gap. So, on my way in on my first day, the school principal sees me in the corridor and she stops me. I assumed she was going to say hello or thank me for helping out or something. But nope. She starts giving out to me and demands I go home and change into my uniform. She thinks I'm a student! And no matter how much I tell her I'm a teacher, she doesn't believe me. It gets pretty heated and I end up saying some very unkind things to her before the drama teacher shows up to tell the principal that I am, indeed, a teacher there. She's very apologetic and all the rest of it and I suppose I had to apologise for telling her I'd "ram that staple gun into your face, you stupid cunt". But that's not the embarrassing part. The embarrassment came when I went into class and realised that all my students had just heard the principal mistake me for a child and me threaten to kill her for it. Now, that's how you make a good first impression!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 01/26/17 4:40pm

benni

Mine wasn't recent, but it was the most embarrassed I'd ever been. I was 12. A guy I liked was visiting me, along with his brother. They lived up the road from me. Back then, us young ladies would wear what we called tube tops. The worst fashion invention ever. EVER! My 5 year old sister comes up, as I'm talking to this guy that I really liked and his brother, grabbed my tube top and pulled it down. I've never forgiven her. And I've never let her forget. mad

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 01/26/17 7:41pm

JoeyC

avatar

benni said:

Mine wasn't recent, but it was the most embarrassed I'd ever been. I was 12. A guy I liked was visiting me, along with his brother. They lived up the road from me. Back then, us young ladies would wear what we called tube tops. The worst fashion invention ever. EVER! My 5 year old sister comes up, as I'm talking to this guy that I really liked and his brother, grabbed my tube top and pulled it down. I've never forgiven her. And I've never let her forget. mad


With you being so young, that's a tough one. The incidents that happen when were young, are the one's that can be hard to completely forget.

When i was in elementary school(5th grade), our class went on a field trip to a skating rink. Me being into graffiti and such, i decided to graffiti up one of the bathroom stalls of the building. Well, since we were the only people at the rink, and since i wrote my name along with the graffiti, the rink staff(and the teachers) eventually found out that it was me who committed the deed. And as a result, they made the whole class leave the premises. And that effectively ended our field trip....So, basically i ruined the field trip of 20 or 30 of my classmates...And they were pissed. mad sad Keep in mind that the school was in a small town, and the skating rink was about 30 miles away(in a much bigger city), so the trip was a big deal.



It was pretty hard(and embarrassing) having the majority of my classmates mad a me... sad

And to be quite honest. I don't think i ever completely got over that incident. Of course i very rarely think about it, but... shrug doh!



So, i do understand...



[Edited 2/1/17 16:02pm]

Rest in Peace Bettie Boo. See u soon.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 01/26/17 9:40pm

QueenofCardboa
rd

avatar


Well, I have this friend

and she told me that one time she went into a government building with her purse/travel bag, not realizing that it would be searched and when they did tell her that they needed to search her bag she was afraid to turn around and just leave because she thought they would suspect she was carrying something illegal in her bag so she let them search it, and she just looked at the ceiling and pretended not to notice when they found her battery operated phallic shaped toys.









[Edited 1/26/17 21:41pm]

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters," Donald Trump
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 01/27/17 9:41am

RodeoSchro

avatar

QueenofCardboard said:


Well, I have this friend

and she told me that one time she went into a government building with her purse/travel bag, not realizing that it would be searched and when they did tell her that they needed to search her bag she was afraid to turn around and just leave because she thought they would suspect she was carrying something illegal in her bag so she let them search it, and she just looked at the ceiling and pretended not to notice when they found her battery operated phallic shaped toys.









[Edited 1/26/17 21:41pm]



falloff

More than one?!?! LOL.

I cannot top that, or even approach it. My only embarrassing government story happened in June 1995 - about 2 months after the bombing of rhe federal building in Oklahoma City.

We were beginning a gigantic trial in federal court and as the corporate representative, I had to delive the exhibits. We had about 100 boxes of documents, crammed into my Suburban. Which was black, and all the windows were tinted black, too.

I scored a great parking right in front of the federal courthouse in downtown Houston and went inside to arrange box transport. When I came back outside, my Suburban was surrounded by federal marshalls. Turned out I'd parked in a U. S. Marshall parking area and I did NOT have the proper parking pass. The feds saw what appeared to them an an illegally-parked SUV, with no occupant, filled with boxes that might have contained explosives.

Needless to say, the feds were not very happy with me when I walked up to my Suburban and said, "Hi guys. What's going on?" They said "YOU ARE GOING ON!" At least I didn't get arrested!

Second Funkiest White Man in America

Cowardice always hides behind insinuation
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 01/27/17 12:26pm

SupaFunkyOrgan
grinderSexy

avatar

Once I was having a bathroom emergency on the bus. Suddenly my stomach and everything attached to it were in complete and total distress.

I get off the bus and run into the Carl's Jr. the men's stalls were occupied so I looked in the women's bathroom and saw it was empty.

I am starting to complete this process and I hear the door open and a woman goes into the large stall next to me. I am silent, waiting for her to leave so I can leave and I hear....

"Excuse me, can you hand me some toilet paper?

eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek

Without saying a word, I passed some tissue under the stall and pulled my hand away before it could be seen.

falloff falloff falloff

[Edited 1/27/17 12:28pm]

2010: Healing the Wounds of the Past.... http://prince.org/msg/8/325740
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 01/28/17 5:05pm

babynoz

avatar

SupaFunkyOrgangrinderSexy said:

Once I was having a bathroom emergency on the bus. Suddenly my stomach and everything attached to it were in complete and total distress.

I get off the bus and run into the Carl's Jr. the men's stalls were occupied so I looked in the women's bathroom and saw it was empty.

I am starting to complete this process and I hear the door open and a woman goes into the large stall next to me. I am silent, waiting for her to leave so I can leave and I hear....

"Excuse me, can you hand me some toilet paper?

eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek

Without saying a word, I passed some tissue under the stall and pulled my hand away before it could be seen.

falloff falloff falloff

[Edited 1/27/17 12:28pm]



Hey bro, how are ya? I miss u. hug

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit
and for that, I am eternally grateful....IDF
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 02/02/17 4:57am

endymion

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

Most embarrassing moment for me in recent times would have to be last year in school.

Bit of background first. As some of you may or may not know, I worked as an actress and singer when I left school. Since having my daughter 4 years ago, I don't do much acting anymore because it's too time consuming and I'd rather be home with my child and luckily, I can afford to do so. But last year, my former secondary school (high school, I suppose, if you're American) drama teacher asked if I'd help her out and teach her class with her to share my experience. It's like 3 days a week so I thought, why not. Now, keep in mind these kids are around 15 years old and I'm 26 so there's a bit of an age gap. So, on my way in on my first day, the school principal sees me in the corridor and she stops me. I assumed she was going to say hello or thank me for helping out or something. But nope. She starts giving out to me and demands I go home and change into my uniform. She thinks I'm a student! And no matter how much I tell her I'm a teacher, she doesn't believe me. It gets pretty heated and I end up saying some very unkind things to her before the drama teacher shows up to tell the principal that I am, indeed, a teacher there. She's very apologetic and all the rest of it and I suppose I had to apologise for telling her I'd "ram that staple gun into your face, you stupid cunt". But that's not the embarrassing part. The embarrassment came when I went into class and realised that all my students had just heard the principal mistake me for a child and me threaten to kill her for it. Now, that's how you make a good first impression!


I'm a teacher in the UK, I can't believe you told the head she was a cunt and didn't get escorted off the premises. Especially as you were going to interact with children!!!!
What you don't remember never happened
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 02/02/17 8:56am

EmmaMcG

endymion said:

EmmaMcG said:

Most embarrassing moment for me in recent times would have to be last year in school.

Bit of background first. As some of you may or may not know, I worked as an actress and singer when I left school. Since having my daughter 4 years ago, I don't do much acting anymore because it's too time consuming and I'd rather be home with my child and luckily, I can afford to do so. But last year, my former secondary school (high school, I suppose, if you're American) drama teacher asked if I'd help her out and teach her class with her to share my experience. It's like 3 days a week so I thought, why not. Now, keep in mind these kids are around 15 years old and I'm 26 so there's a bit of an age gap. So, on my way in on my first day, the school principal sees me in the corridor and she stops me. I assumed she was going to say hello or thank me for helping out or something. But nope. She starts giving out to me and demands I go home and change into my uniform. She thinks I'm a student! And no matter how much I tell her I'm a teacher, she doesn't believe me. It gets pretty heated and I end up saying some very unkind things to her before the drama teacher shows up to tell the principal that I am, indeed, a teacher there. She's very apologetic and all the rest of it and I suppose I had to apologise for telling her I'd "ram that staple gun into your face, you stupid cunt". But that's not the embarrassing part. The embarrassment came when I went into class and realised that all my students had just heard the principal mistake me for a child and me threaten to kill her for it. Now, that's how you make a good first impression!


I'm a teacher in the UK, I can't believe you told the head she was a cunt and didn't get escorted off the premises. Especially as you were going to interact with children!!!!


You'd have to be familiar with the school to understand. It's really not a strict school, especially when it comes to things like cursing. Besides, virtually every kid in the school has called her a cunt at one stage or another. It's not considered that big a deal. When I was in 4th year they just stopped disciplining students in my year because suspending them was doing absolutely no good. It's a rough school in a rough part of Dublin. Colaiste Dhulaigh is the name of the school. Look it up. I'm sure you'll find stories that will show you that name calling is the tip of the iceberg.

The funniest thing is that when I went there as a student, she was my Irish teacher. Now, granted, I rarely went to that class because I'm a fluent Irish speaker so it's a bit pointless, but I had her for 3 years and she didn't recognise me. We laughed it off later when she was reminded of who I was and she gave the necessary speech on what is and isn't acceptable but it wasn't that serious an issue that I'd need to be escorted off the premises, as you put it. I was asked back this year and up until only a few weeks ago I was going to do it but things have come up which means I won't have time. Maybe next year though.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 02/02/17 1:01pm

FullLipsDotNos
e

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

endymion said:
I'm a teacher in the UK, I can't believe you told the head she was a cunt and didn't get escorted off the premises. Especially as you were going to interact with children!!!!
You'd have to be familiar with the school to understand. It's really not a strict school, especially when it comes to things like cursing. Besides, virtually every kid in the school has called her a cunt at one stage or another. It's not considered that big a deal. When I was in 4th year they just stopped disciplining students in my year because suspending them was doing absolutely no good. It's a rough school in a rough part of Dublin. Colaiste Dhulaigh is the name of the school. Look it up. I'm sure you'll find stories that will show you that name calling is the tip of the iceberg. The funniest thing is that when I went there as a student, she was my Irish teacher. Now, granted, I rarely went to that class because I'm a fluent Irish speaker so it's a bit pointless, but I had her for 3 years and she didn't recognise me. We laughed it off later when she was reminded of who I was and she gave the necessary speech on what is and isn't acceptable but it wasn't that serious an issue that I'd need to be escorted off the premises, as you put it. I was asked back this year and up until only a few weeks ago I was going to do it but things have come up which means I won't have time. Maybe next year though.

Why? I mean, I thought that since Irish is one of the official languages of Ireland, they'd teach you the language the same way as any native language - spelling, literature, composition...

full lips, freckles, and upturned nose
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 02/02/17 1:13pm

FullLipsDotNos
e

avatar

I am the queen of embarrassment!!

- farting or wetting trousers when I was at elementary school

- going out in a loose shirt or skirt and then someone stops me and tells me they can see my nipple or ass

- when I was a teenager and my English wasn't perfect and said something embarrassing although I didn't mean to... in front of native speakers

- when I got menses at school, everyone saw that, a classmate handed me a few tampons, which was nice on one hand, but I was a virgin sad

- when I wrote something stupid in a school test or a lab report and was exposed for it... or I wasn't, but when I got the paper back, I obviously felt like an idiot

- when I was in Spain on a university exchange and needed something at a library on campus, the receptionist told me to bring it on a "pende" and pointed at some, which was a small thing I had no idea about, so I asked her where I could purchase it; she looked angry at me and started bitching around, so I said I was sorry and it was my first time in their library, so she cooled down... and when I left the library, I learnt that "pende"means USB sad I guess that she thinks that students from the Czech Rep have never seen a USB

full lips, freckles, and upturned nose
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 02/02/17 1:14pm

EmmaMcG

FullLipsDotNose said:



EmmaMcG said:


endymion said:
I'm a teacher in the UK, I can't believe you told the head she was a cunt and didn't get escorted off the premises. Especially as you were going to interact with children!!!!

You'd have to be familiar with the school to understand. It's really not a strict school, especially when it comes to things like cursing. Besides, virtually every kid in the school has called her a cunt at one stage or another. It's not considered that big a deal. When I was in 4th year they just stopped disciplining students in my year because suspending them was doing absolutely no good. It's a rough school in a rough part of Dublin. Colaiste Dhulaigh is the name of the school. Look it up. I'm sure you'll find stories that will show you that name calling is the tip of the iceberg. The funniest thing is that when I went there as a student, she was my Irish teacher. Now, granted, I rarely went to that class because I'm a fluent Irish speaker so it's a bit pointless, but I had her for 3 years and she didn't recognise me. We laughed it off later when she was reminded of who I was and she gave the necessary speech on what is and isn't acceptable but it wasn't that serious an issue that I'd need to be escorted off the premises, as you put it. I was asked back this year and up until only a few weeks ago I was going to do it but things have come up which means I won't have time. Maybe next year though.

Why? I mean, I thought that since Irish is one of the official languages of Ireland, they'd teach you the language the same way as any native language - spelling, literature, composition...



In most schools here, they mainly only teach what the words mean so you can string enough sentences together to pass an exam. Most kids in Ireland, certainly in Dublin, don't even want to learn Irish so it's a compromise of sorts. The language dies a bit with each generation. I'd bet there are more people in Dublin who can speak Chinese than Irish.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 02/03/17 9:32am

endymion

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

endymion said:



I'm a teacher in the UK, I can't believe you told the head she was a cunt and didn't get escorted off the premises. Especially as you were going to interact with children!!!!


You'd have to be familiar with the school to understand. It's really not a strict school, especially when it comes to things like cursing. Besides, virtually every kid in the school has called her a cunt at one stage or another. It's not considered that big a deal. When I was in 4th year they just stopped disciplining students in my year because suspending them was doing absolutely no good. It's a rough school in a rough part of Dublin. Colaiste Dhulaigh is the name of the school. Look it up. I'm sure you'll find stories that will show you that name calling is the tip of the iceberg.

The funniest thing is that when I went there as a student, she was my Irish teacher. Now, granted, I rarely went to that class because I'm a fluent Irish speaker so it's a bit pointless, but I had her for 3 years and she didn't recognise me. We laughed it off later when she was reminded of who I was and she gave the necessary speech on what is and isn't acceptable but it wasn't that serious an issue that I'd need to be escorted off the premises, as you put it. I was asked back this year and up until only a few weeks ago I was going to do it but things have come up which means I won't have time. Maybe next year though.



Wow that is really sad!!If the head is being shown that amount of disrespect then teaching staff and the pupils have no chance! sad
What you don't remember never happened
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 02/03/17 9:53am

RodeoSchro

avatar

endymion said:

EmmaMcG said:
Most embarrassing moment for me in recent times would have to be last year in school. Bit of background first. As some of you may or may not know, I worked as an actress and singer when I left school. Since having my daughter 4 years ago, I don't do much acting anymore because it's too time consuming and I'd rather be home with my child and luckily, I can afford to do so. But last year, my former secondary school (high school, I suppose, if you're American) drama teacher asked if I'd help her out and teach her class with her to share my experience. It's like 3 days a week so I thought, why not. Now, keep in mind these kids are around 15 years old and I'm 26 so there's a bit of an age gap. So, on my way in on my first day, the school principal sees me in the corridor and she stops me. I assumed she was going to say hello or thank me for helping out or something. But nope. She starts giving out to me and demands I go home and change into my uniform. She thinks I'm a student! And no matter how much I tell her I'm a teacher, she doesn't believe me. It gets pretty heated and I end up saying some very unkind things to her before the drama teacher shows up to tell the principal that I am, indeed, a teacher there. She's very apologetic and all the rest of it and I suppose I had to apologise for telling her I'd "ram that staple gun into your face, you stupid cunt". But that's not the embarrassing part. The embarrassment came when I went into class and realised that all my students had just heard the principal mistake me for a child and me threaten to kill her for it. Now, that's how you make a good first impression!
I'm a teacher in the UK, I can't believe you told the head she was a cunt and didn't get escorted off the premises. Especially as you were going to interact with children!!!!



Hopefully Emma told her she was "acting"!

Second Funkiest White Man in America

Cowardice always hides behind insinuation
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 02/03/17 10:47am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

I hate when I pee on myself.

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Embarrassing Moments